Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Cuddle With Dad

Reid decided to cooperate and remain stable yesterday, which meant that he was able come out for another cuddle, and that I was able to keep my word on Matt's big afternoon surprise.  Unlike his sister, who is a bonafide cuddle hog, Reid hasn't been able to get many snuggles yet because of his reliance on the big jet ventilator.  I was lucky enough to nab the first two for myself, but today was the day he'd finally get to cuddle in with his dad.  An almost-two-hour lovefest ensued.

Image


Image


Image


In other exciting news, I received a call from the hospital this morning to let me know that they have decided to extubate Reid and give him a try off of the ventilator!  This is great news for him, as it will mark a big step forward in his process if he decides he's up for the challenge.  Hoping all goes well - watch this space for updates!

1 comment: